I made a little communication error with the foodie pen pal program so Adeline over at Intrigued With and I did a simple exchange just for kicks. Her blog is filled with great photos of Singapore, her travels, and yummy, yummy food so stop by to say hi. Speaking of yummy food, check out this great Singaporean spread she sent me:
My box from Adeline was compact but packed to the rim! My husband and I have already had a many snacks and a few dinners thanks to this box, and I even used her ingredients for a very successful dinner party. How great is that! Here’s the contents:
- Moon Cake: The first in the box to disappear. My hubby couldn’t put it down! It was so fresh. *drooling*
- Peanut Punch: This is one of my favs – kind of like an Asian peanut brittle that’s soft and crunchy at the same time and made of many delicate layers!
- Wu Xiang Gao: I don’t know how to explain this one.. some help, Adeline? :)
- Piggie Cake: The most adorable dessert I’ve eaten!
- Bah Kut Tea Spices: This made the most amazing braised short ribs – enough for a party of 6!
- Hainan Chicken Rice: Nothing reminds me of Singapore more than this! It was a huge hit and made for yummy leftovers the next day too.
- Padang Rendang Paste: Yet to try – I’m savoring them best I can. I’ll be sad when they’re all finished!
- Sambal Chilli: Also yet to try
- Kai Yang Marinade: this is dinner tonight!
Awesome, right? Here are some close ups:
Adeline is such a crafty and sweet gal, and you could tell at first sight – there was a cute vintage address label, washi tape-wrapped envelopes and packaging, and she included this pretty handmade surprise:
If you love this necklace as much as I do, Adeline will be posting up more little trinkets for sale soon – follow her blog to hear more about it! Thanks so much for all of the goodies and treats, Adeline! I’m savoring the last few bits I have left :)
If you’d like to join the International Foodie Pen Pal exchange for December, leave me a comment! I’ll be posting more info about it early next week. Happy weekend all!