A few weeks back, a few bloggers and I test ran an international foodie pen pal exchange. Including myself in Japan, our little test group included bloggers from the US, Europe, and South East Asia. The first box I received was from the amazingly talented Erica from North Carolina over at Dogs Make Everything Better. Check out her blog if you’re a dog lover – it’s filled with inspiring stories, travel, and her experiences as an entrepreneur.
Back to the exchange – Erica’s box BLEW MY MIND!
Look at this beautiful packaging! All of the goods were impeccably wrapped and protected with such attention to detail. I was immediately in love even before seeing the crazy hoard of local North Carolina food.
Needless to say, Erica went way above and beyond in every way. Here’s what she included (please excuse my overuse of exclamation marks – I’m just that excited!):
- Canned boiled peanuts – these reminded me so much of my childhood in the south!
- Picked Bamboo – great topping on salads and a healthy snack by itself
- Moravian Toasted Coconut Cookies – disappeared in 2 days
- Crab House Seasoned Nuts – perfect seasoning and crunch with drinks!
- Salt water taffy – can you ever go wrong with taffy??
- Mama Zuma’s – the spiciest chips you’ll ever have. My hubby couldn’t take it so I could hoard it all to myself!
- Scuppernong Jelly – my first time trying scuppernong – a muscat-like grape.
- Cackalacky Sauce – I just love the name & it’s the perfect zesty-ness to top off my Mexican food and even fried rice!
- A chic kitchen towel featuring all of the local sightseeing spots!
Isn’t this box too good to be true?! She really knows how to pick local products!
I made a coordination error and ended up exchanging with 2 foodies. I sent boxes with goodies from Japan over to reader Michelle and blogger Adeline over at Intrigued With (her blog is filled with great photos – check her out). I’ll post about the yummy box I received from Adeline in Singapore this weekend!
P.S. Want to join the international foodie exchange? Our December exchange is open to anyone who wants to join! Drop me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.